Thursday, January 29, 2009

Coming Down the Home-Stretch

So, two days to go on this super-low carb thing. And I feel fantastic! And cranky bitch is gone. But my knee does not feel fantastic, which was the point. More on that shortly.

Saturday marks the end of this try-it-for-a-week-and-see-how-it-goes thing. No, I'm not rushing to the ice cream shop or Mr. Bagel or anything. I'll slowly add in some carb--piece of toast here, a banana there, extra chocolate in my whey shake (microbrews in Boston).... But mostly, I think I'm going to try to maintain a super low amount until I'm able to train heavily again. I mean sheesh, if nothing else, this diet is keeping me thin and satisfied during a time of inactivity. I should probably keep with it awhile.

I did find myself looking longingly at a giant chocolate chip cookie today, though. So I know the addiction isn't broken. At least I know I can control it without tweaking out.

Next weekend will mark my third week off. Third week of rest. That's a long time to nurse a running injury. When we return from Boston, if there is not a marked changed, I'm going to go get my hundred dollar MRI (health care anywhere except the States is great) and see what's going on in there. The amount of time makes me worry--is it too damaged to heal on it's own? We don't replace knee cartilage naturally. So cross your fingers that the third week is the charm. I'm even crossing my toes.

No comments: