Sunday, February 1, 2009

In Which Erin is Shit-Canned After Two Glasses of Wine

I've hit an all new tolerance low. Cheap drunk? Sure. How about, can't hang and has to be put to bed at 9:00 after what's a normal dinner for most? Yikes. My reputation is ruined. They'll no longer call me "Booze." They'll call me "Snooze."

In celebration of a full-week of strict diet, I went ahead and had that second glass. Wouldn't you? The good news is that it totally prepared me for my entire PINT of beer for Super Bowl Sunday. I am sooooo living on the edge.

But in all seriousness, I feel better than I have in years.

Additional pluses: I can swim AND deep water run without it hurting my knee. And the pool is walking distance. And I have a friend to go with so I don't bore myself to drowning.

Also, my knee has felt markedly better the last two days. And I was getting slightly hysterical. But things seem to be healing up in there.

Also, in the past, when I've been injured or was on some running hiatus, I wouldn't change how I was eating and would of course gain a good bit of weight which would in turn make me uber depressed and I would eat more. I am now officially avoiding that cycle.

I was right in the last post. I could almost see this being a life-style sort of thing. Now that I'm used to it, it's easy to only eat what I'm supposed to. I don't crave anything. I give this whole enterprise my stamp of approval.

Now, when the time comes, perhaps I will be able to train with the same sort of discipline my diet has required.....

No comments: