Saturday, January 24, 2009

Day Two

It's not as hard as I thought it'd be--this whole restricted diet thingie. Mostly it's just a pain in the ass. I have to cook things and prepare things and mix things and wash things. Toast is oh-so-much simpler!

I'm pretty hungry too. But I think it's because while I've taken out the carbs, I'm not really replacing those calories with veggies and meat. I mean, I eat the same amount, but I guess a bunch of green beans doesn't have the same calories as pan de yuca or bread and buttah. So I'll need to figure that out.

Other than being slightly annoyed by how much I'm having to think about food, and how I'm a little bit hungry, I feel good. My energy has been even all day, both days. Actually, I would even say I feel "energetic," which is not a constant state of being for me. But I've not experienced any partway through the day lows or highs on energy.

And really, things were going swimmingly until the gas stove ran out of fuel this evening. And now I'm trying to figure out what to eat for dinner. I was explicitly told not to skip any meals. So now it's tuna salad or hard boiled eggs again.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

you sound kind like you're in my friday mornin' predicament. all week, we have great meals with mostly just whole grains and veggies and protein. by thursday night, we have quesadillas. by friday mornin', i'm hitting the coffee shop to have some kind of pastry for lunch. the rest of the week feels pretty good though. consistently energy level, no huge swings.

did you go with the hard-boiled eggs?

Erin said...

K-ron, if you're turning to quesadillas by Thursday--well, actually, is that something you're doing cuz your sick of cooking or cuz you're jonesing for that kind of food? You might not be getting enough fat before that. I dunno. I don't have the info. But it sounds like it from your initial diet description....
But I'm no expert. I can barely feed myself correctly.
I went with Chicken parm leftovers. It wasn't much so I had some peanuts too. Energy crashed and I went to bed. Oh well.

Anonymous said...

mostly i'm out of energy to cook and do dishes drives me to quesadillas. i think we're doing ok on the protein and fat for now. there's lots of nuts as snacks, full fat yogurt, complete proteins, and some cheese sprinkled in. we'll see how it goes. once i actually start working out... i might need more.

Erin said...

If Tim were not cooking for me, all would be lost and I would crumble before the fridge and give-up. Thank goodness for the person who feeds me.

Unknown said...

:) awesome.