Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Update

So, the way I sleep, stand, breath and hold myself has given me some runner's knee and mild tendonitis. But not to fear! I'm getting it all straightened out. Or I guess I should say I'm getting me straightened out. I finally went to see Tim's chiropractic team--a multi-talented, multi-trained, married couple who seriously tag-team the session. Adjustments are much better with two people. One can distract the muscles while the other makes the adjustment.

Anyhoo, I'm going to need several sessions. I am seriously out-of-whack. But I think they can fix me, and I can fix me, and my knee will be fixed. It seems to be bearing the brunt of a lot of unnecessary pressure. The good news is that I'm taking care of this with plenty of time to spare for the race in July.

But I guess another cool thing is that they're more like total life coaches and sports doctors. The husband is an ultra-runner and the wife a sprinter. So they're going to help me with everything: nutrition and supplements, training, my running form, proper stretching and strengthening, and my hear-rate monitor! Que chevere!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm glad to hear you're in good hands!