Thursday, June 26, 2008

Going Raw? Or Thinking of It?

I would just like to take a moment to direct your attention to a new link under our "Friends" section blog roll. Okay, this is going to sound complicated: *deep breath*, Kendra is Tim's counsin's wife. Does that make her our cousin? I mean, she's my cousin-in-law's wife. That makes us cousins-in-law, right? Okay enough semantics.

Kendra, a personal chef, has ventured into the world of all raw and you all know you've been interested in the raw-revolution ever since Samantha Jones ate raw all night just to get close to "Smith."

Check her out--she offers coaching, recipes, and general advice for anyone who's gone raw or is thinking of going mildly to full-on raw. I happen to know for a fact that Kendra is an incredibly talented chef, and her cooking classes have been met with wild approval.

On a personal note, she has a smoothie recipe that I'm very interested in trying to modify. It involves a blender full of spinach. Please allow me a short diatribe . . . Spinach here is difficult. It is very mealy, big and thick. It's okay cooked. But what about spinach salad? Too bad for me because I love baby spinach salads almost as much as chocolate. Additionally, I NEED to eat spinach. My grandfather suffers from macular degeneration, a genetic eye disease, and I am scared to death of contracting this. But wait, there's something I can do: eat spinach. Kendra's smoothie recipe just may save my eyes. . .

1 comment:

KatieGirlBlue said...

OH! That SATC episode was so funny! Raw food interests me (all food interests me) I'm going to check out this new blog...