Wednesday, June 11, 2008

TahTah's and Stuff

Goals:

I have two major running goals for the summer. The first is the Colorado Relay Race and the second is the Boulder Backroads Half Marathon. I have never been much of a runner but rather have always been more into the strength sports that don’t require much lung capacity, sports like gymnastics and climbing. I also run alone so I have nothing to compare myself to, which also means I have no idea if I am even capable of running these two races. The kicker…..they are a week apart. I am terrified I am going to fail miserably. I am also terrified I am going to let down Relay Race teammates. Oh well… I guess I’ll just keep runnin’.

Boobs:

I went for a run the other day with 4 other girls (my first group run) and we had a discussion on good sports bras vs bad sports bras. While we didn’t come to any conclusions we did discuss 2 major complaints, nipple pain and general bouncing. I think we all agreed that you need as tight of a bra as you can stand to avoid any boob pain. As for your (The Novice) problem with people staring at your melons, I like Erin’s solution best.

Training:

When I first started running longer distances I felt awkward. The only way I can explain it is like repeating the same word over and over again until the word lost its meaning. But the more I get out there the stronger I feel and the meaning is no longer lost to me. Running keeps me sane. I have been mixing in big hikes, long runs, short runs, and weight lifting. You see, I have nothing else to do. I finished school and I’m not working until August. So I have decided to get back in shape and shed my “studying weight”. Sitting in front of the computer for hours and hours on end didn’t agree with my ass. I also wanted a challenge. So I decided to reach outside my usual bag of tricks and test myself. Wish me luck. eek!


2 comments:

Erin said...

Hey--no stress about "letting down the team." That's what gave me my life-long tummy troubles! You need to focus on YOU which is kinda the cool thing about the sport of running. But I would be nervous too if I only had a week between the two. Seriously though, if your team was in it to win it, they'd have searched out professionals. I bet they're just looking to have fun too. And just think how rad your running prowess will be after you've spent a month training at 10,000 feet in Ecuador, hmmmm? You're a natural. Bet you'll surprise youself.

Jessica said...

Thanks for the encouragement. What do you mean I'm not a professional?! Damn.