Sunday, June 8, 2008

New Week

Exams to grade tonight, but oh well.
My first week clocks out at about 30 miles. Nothing too dazzling about that distance, but the week was affected by the little daily battle in which my immune system engaged to try to keep me well in the face of students and coworkers coughing, hacking, swelling, sniffling, fevering and generally feeling bad. My immunity won. With the help of Immune Defense Emergen-C (LOVE that stuff), of course.

So it was a super easy week characterized by the short loop in Parque Metrolpolitano (an ode to Metropolitano soon-come) and the long loop today. The big loop felt great today so I'll try to stick with that and up this week to increase the mileage a bit. I've got some running partners on tap for this week which always helps, and usually ensures that we can actually do the long loop midweek without having to leave due to the sketchies. I guess until I get my schedule from Whit, I'm just going to work on my base and slowly increase the mileage.
So, happy running this week, all.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Kudos to the new blog!! I've been constantly searching for "work out" motivation since the sadness of the sudden closing (literally - closed with NO notice) of my cheap gym with awesome yoga. Anyway - I'm sure I'll find some inspiration here!

Erin said...

Hi Amanda--thanks for stopping in. Hopefully, the more people we have, the more likely we'll also have daily motivation and work-out entertainment for your reading pleasure. Stay tuned!