Thursday, July 24, 2008

Excitements and Diversions

Jess be gone and I be sad . . .

But there are several things coming up. Exciting things. Fun things. And then some not so fun things, but good just the same.

Firstly, another Jess is here. Jessica Milnes. You will now find a link to her blog on the right side of this page. We'll be traveling around Ecuador attempting and hopefully summitting a few volcanos.

August 11th, Tim and I leave for Peru. We are heading straight to Huaraz and the Cordillera Blanca. No, we're not going to Cusco. No, no Machu Pichu. We are going to the most beautiful mountain range in South America and I can't wait.


Before we go, Justin Kleiter and his girlfriend will be here visiting and we'll do a bit of southern Ecuador with them. Then when we're back from Peru, we'll have a long weekend just with Justin, and then it's straight back to school. Wow. Time flies. Maybe I will too.

I have my sights set on a 10k at the end of August. It's Nike's Human Race and is happening in 25 different cities around the world. If you happen to live near LA, Chicago, or New York, you can virtually run this race with me. Wouldn't that be fun? Of course, that's assuming you live in the States. You might also be near London, or Paris, or Madrid, or Rome, or Lima, or Buenos Aires, or any other city hosting one of these things. I just saw the sign for this thing today, so I don't know much about it, other than Nike races here are well supported and instead of a fish-net blue shirt and bottle of ketchup, I'll get a real technical t-shirt and no ketchup, which is sweet.

In heart monitor news, my running specific one arrives here on August 14th. I won't be here, but I'll go get it the moment we return from Peru and give 'er a test-drive--so you'll just have to anxiously await that information.

Happy running to all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want to hear all about his heart-tingy contraption! How do you figure out how long your runs are?