Wednesday, July 16, 2008

So Many Doings, So Much Time Away

Jessica is here in Ecuador and we've been frequenting my two favorite city running spots! Okay okay, yes, it's true, I only have two running spots. But I like both of those very much. Jess has set the short term goal of charging the last hill in our big loop around Parque Metropolitano and as that freaky coach from Ashe county (whom Addie always loved to reference) used to say about the last hill: "It's a booger-bear, girls. A booger-bear." I know she'll do it just fine. In between running we've been climbing mountains, repelling waterfalls, and surfing!


However, tomorrow we go to the jungle for 4 days and we're not going to run there. It's just not going to happen. The jungle is hot and sticky and full of snakes and spiders and other scary sorts of things. I think 4 days will be fine. We already took a buncha days off in between going to Cotopaxi park and the beach. Again, I am no longer worrying about time taken off as long as I get straight back into it and push through how hard it is to start back.

In other news, tomorrow is my birthday and to aid in my year-long goal (and beyond), Tim got me a heart-rate monitor. This will be an interesting foray. I have seen plenty of people running with these contraptions but have never used one myself. I have no doubt it will aid in training. But I'm interested to see how my obsessive head handles constantly knowing my heart rate and the target and how long I'm in it and how long not. I'll report regularly. But first I have to get the running specific one. Then I have to go the jungle. Then I have to come back. And THEN I'll get back to it. Until then, happy running to all!

No comments: