Saturday, May 16, 2009

Rollin' Down the Pipeline...

Soon, very soon, I'll be closing Chicks with Kicks. Well, closing in that I won't be posting any longer.

I began this blog a year ago with some major goals I wanted to accomplish as well as get other runners involved in order to help me and for me to help them. The experiment didn't quite go as I expected. Oh well. Mostly, I'm stopping because I've had to shelve my running goals.

I'm going to keep writing though, because my mother appreciates it, and because I'll be expecting my students next year to blog as well. Practice what you preach!!

I'm going to begin a new blog. I think I'll call it Turkey Trotting or the like. I want to still focus on athleticism, but because we're moving to a place that will be so out of the normal for me, I think there will be a lot of things I'll want to comment on publicly for friends and family. I've not had that much to say on the Ecuador blog because I think in a lot of ways we knew what to expect here. Over there, I have no clue. I mean, sort of I do. But not really. I have no conceptual frame of reference for what we're getting in to. So I'll write about it.

I'll keep Chicks with Kicks as a link from my new blog. And who knows--maybe one day I'll go back to the experiment. But now, I feel like I can only comment on a screwed knee soooo many times, you know? And so, adieu. I'll post one last time with my new blog address. Add it to your lists :-)
Ciao or Chao (as we spell it here)
Erin

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, your mama loves reading about your adventures, life experiences and anything else that goes on. :)
I am excited about your newest adventure although I would much prefer that you were right next door. I love you, precious! mom