Thursday, December 18, 2008

Bass Lake

Sunday, I'm going running where it all began. The first place I ever ran farther than a mile and the site of hundreds of training runs throughout high school and parts of college. The place where I got in trouble for waving at a TV camera during a race. The site of many other races, hill-workouts, mile repeats, long slow distance days, and everything in-between. The place where I (literally) ran into Newt Gingrich. The place my Dad and I go whenever I'm in Boone during the summer time. The first place I ever ran more than 8 miles at one time. The place where I fell in love with October. The one place where I learned more about myself than in any other spot on the planet.

I'm going to Bass Lake. The place where I see myself when I see myself running.

No comments: