Saturday, August 30, 2008

A Little Inspiration, Please


Tomorrow, people around the world, in more than 25 cities, will race a 10k at the same time. How cool is that? Are you participating?

Ever since our return from Peru, I've been averaging a run about every other day. A short run. An easy one, because my knees have been bothering me ever since Urus. And this time, it is mentally difficult to get back to it.

Tomorrow, I won't be just running another road race. I will be out there looking for my mojo that I seemed to lose somewhere between horrible illness and two big mountains. I will be looking for my groove and my inspiration--my drive to get back to it, build a good base, and start training for marathon distance. I'm looking for a certain spark to fuel a fire circumstance put out. What a better place to find it than out on the road at the same time with people all over the world. Many of them might even be looking for the same things. Good luck to them. And good luck to me. I'm not "racing" in that I won't be competitive, but I have so much to lose.

No comments: